Middle School is a pre-cursor to High School life, where the student works closely with the teacher on his/her strengths and weakness.
The most important goal during Middle School years is to develop a regular study routine, habit and work on the overall development of the child’s attitude. The Middle School follows the CBSE curriculum and components issued by the NCERT.
In the words of Ken Robinson-“Creativity is as important now in education as literacy and we should treat it with the same status.”
The following are the subjects for the Middle School:
- Third language
- Social Science
- Computer Science
- General Knowledge
- English Language Lab
- Reports on conduct, academic and co-curricular progress are sent to parents at the end of each term. Parents at the end of each term. Parents are most welcome to discuss any point pertaining to the child’s progress with the class teacher. The parents are also encouraged to meet the Vice Principal after prior appointment.
- Students of grades I-IV follow a continuous assessment system. The student is assessed as per a CCE format(Continuous Classroom Evaluation) which comprises of class tests(written as well as oral), assignments, presentations, activities, projects, and worksheets. It is also based on regularity and competence in presentation of classwork and homework. This would require them to work in a regular and systematic manner.
- Grades V & VI have Term based assessments;
Term I- Periodic Test I (PT I)+ Half Yearly
Term II – Periodic Test II (PT II) + Annual Exam
- In the Half Yearly exam, the assessment is done on the basis of a written exam. For Grades V & VI 80 marks, on syllabus covered till announcement of Half Yearly exam dates by school. +20 marks from periodic test each.
- The final exam is a cumulative assessment with syllabus coverage below:
- Class V & VI: 10% of first covering significant topics+ entire syllabus of 2nd term.
Grade IV will have a summative exam in Term 2 (Annual Exam) to prepare them for the next grade.
Grades are awarded for good performances in sports and/or Arts activities.
- Students securing above 80% are honoured with scholar badge, at the end of the academic year.